The project comprises the medium-term evaluation (2002-2003) and the ex-post evaluation (2007-2008) of the rural development programme ‘Zukunftsinitiative für den ländlichen Raum’ (ZIL) of Rhineland-Palatinate. The support measures that will be covered comprise:
- improvement of the competitiveness of agriculture;
- agri-environmental measures and less favoured areas;
- forestry and afforestation;
- village renewal;
- diversification of income generation and employment in rural areas.
The evaluation of forestry measures is carried out in co-operation with the Institut für Forstpolitik (Institute for Forestry Policy) in Freiburg. Key aspects in the evaluation are:
- the degree of realisation of programme objectives and planning;
- the targeting and tailoring of individual measures;
- the quality of implementation structures (co-ordination, co-operation, participation) and monitoring.
|Evaluation | Rural areas ||
Ministry of Economics, Transport, Agriculture and Viticulture of Rhineland-Palatinate
2002 - 2008
Contact person/s at IfLS: